Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Confusing breadcrumb

• rigpa1
    Participant

@rigpa1

How can I set the forum up so the breadcrumb takes you to the right page? When I click on the main forum url in the breadcrumb I just get some archive page that doesnt exist.

I have tried everything I can think of in the setup but it seems that categories and slugs and postpages are mixed up in a strange way.

No matter what I do the main forum root is not accessible. Its totally confusing….

How do I set it up so breadcrumbs actually WORK?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hi,

The breadcrumbs should take the info from the slugs … Is it a accessible ? What is the URL for your forum ?

Pascal.

rigpa1
    Participant

@rigpa1

http://www.chilidating.com

When I set the Forum Root to love-questions I get an empty page even though I have a page called love-questions with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index]. The url says (correctly) http://www.chilidating.com/love-questions/ but shows a blank page.

If I set the forum slug to “forums” I get the right URL and I see the forum page. If I go to a sub forum I get this Breadcrumb: Chili Dating › Forums › Dating

The first Chili Dating goes to the frontpage but the next > Forums goes to a blank page called forums. Even though I create a page called forums and put the shortcode in there I get a blank page. I cant make it work…

Well, something is wrong with your setup. To go easy ? I would just remove the ‘Forums’ part in the breadcrumbs.
    Option 1: Add this to a child theme, in your functions.php or in a plugin:

function pc_breadcrumb_changes($args) {
    	$args['include_root'] = false;
    	return $args;
    }
    add_filter('bbp_before_get_breadcrumb_parse_args', 'pc_breadcrumb_changes');

Option 2: Install the bbP-Toolkit plugin and just tick the option to remove ‘Forums’.

Pascal.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar