Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Conflict On Forums Index Page Links?

• KenTheriot
    Participant

@kentheriot

I just set up my first bbpress forum (WP 3.6 and bbPress 2.3.2). I’m using Genesis with the Eleven40 child theme. I also installed the bbPress Genesis Extend plugin.

For what it is worth, this problem does NOT happen using the Twenty Twelve theme. So it is likely related to the Genesis and Eleven40 child theme combo.

The problem I’m having is that the url “mysite/forums,” leads NOT to the forum index, but instead to a strange page that pulls a graphic from my theme and puts the following text on the page:

“Search for: Living With A Urinary Catheter › Forums Forum Topics Posts Freshness General Discussion Introduce yourself and talk about all things catheter related. 2 2 26 minutes ago Ken Theriot Urethral Strictures And Their Treatments Discussions about urethral strictures, their symptoms, treatments, success rates and surgery recovery. 0 0 No Topics”

Here is a link: http://livingwithacatheter.com/forums/

I have set up a page called “Community Forums” on which I have put the index shortcode, and the link to that, which I have in my NAV menu, works great. It leads here:

Community Forums

It would be an issue except that there is a clickable link in the breadcrumbs that leads to the weird /forums page (Living With A Urinary Catheter › Forums › General Discussion) – the “Forums” part of the breadcrumb path.

Is there a way I can at least correct the link destination of “Forums” in the breadcrumbs?

Thanks!

Ken

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• thelaw
    Participant

@thelaw

Ken – how were you able to solve this? I’ve got the same problem with current genesis themes.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar