Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Closing Forums For New Topics

• Hello,

The title says it all really. Is there an option to do this? I couldn’t find one. Sometimes it’s useful to limit who can post to what.

This is what I did, I don’t know if it’s right:

1. added a column ‘closedforpost’ to the bb_forums column

2. updated bb-includestemplate-functions.php:86: with the code

function post_form( $h2 = '' ) {

global $bb_current_user, $bb, $page, $topic, $forum;

if($forum->closedforpost==1) return;

3. updated bb-includestemplate-functions.php:756:

function new_topic( $text = false ) {

global $bb_current_user, $bb, $page, $topic, $forum;

if($forum->closedforpost==1) return;

While I was there, it seemed wrong to put in big writing [Closed] before every topic and forum that was flagged as closed when all I wanted to do was lock it, but there was no nice code to do this so I resorted to simply changing the closed_title() function to simply not show anything! I guess this is a suggestion rather than a plea for help.

Thanks.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • In future versions of bbPress, you will be able to do this with a short plugin.

As for the [Closed] issue, you can solve that be removing the filter and adding your own (or using custom templates).

remove_filter('topic_title', 'closed_title', 30);

Thanks, I’ve done most of it now and my forum is working. The site is just going up (i.e. not ready), but the forum skin can be seen at http://www.retrographer.com/forum/

The software is most excellent :)

I think it’s a bug with your style sheet, but if you visit you might notice the hot tags go past the main window bottom. This is because the hot tags are a float and so have no content. It either needs a clear:both or a overflow:hidden at the end of the floated tags.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar