Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Clicking reply links doesn’t work

• Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

Driving me a bit crazy this, I have BBpress widgets showing. When I click on them it puts me past the actual forum thread, so I have to scroll back up to read it. I tried the last reply plugin, doesn’t work.

Even clicking on the forum links doesn’t take me to the post, but to somewhere past it.

Can you give me some pointers on how to fix this basic functionality?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

Hi thanks for your reply, that’s a big undertaking for my site given the amount of plugins, and combinations of plugins that may be conflicting with bbpress. I tried another theme, that seemed to work a little better, so am guessing it could be a theme conflict with bbpress.

I was more after guidelines of things that could go wrong to look out for, am guessing it uses a tags with an id to jump to the relevant post?

I think I’ll wait until I get a staging setup done, so I can test things on a non live site.

Robin W

@robin-w

all sites need a staging site !!

Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

Wow that’s a bit abrupt.

Robin W

@robin-w

wasn’t meant to be abrupt, just a statement 🙂

Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

I think it was the exclamation marks, and my stress levels. Just so many things to sort out, thought there’d be a quicker way. 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

if you have a public site and a link to an example, I’ll see if I can find anything obvious

Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

Hi,

https://jwfsanctuary.club and the widget on the side to the latest forum posts is a good example, thanks for taking a look. Thanks so much.

Robin W

@robin-w

pretty sure it’s theme related – and in particular that text is allowed to scroll behind the menu, so when you click to a reply, the start point is hidden behind the menu.

Beyond help on here I’m afraid – sorry but only so much I can do without needing to spend hours on it.

Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

Thanks for some pointers, that’s all I was really after. Can you just clarify which text do you mean that is allowed to scroll behind the menu? Not sure how you mean.

Robin W

@robin-w

if you look at the black banner at the top with the menu, you can see text scroll behind it. bbpress thinks it is displaying the start of the reply at the top of the screen, but actually it is behind the banner

Audiomonk
    Participant

@audiomonk

Brilliant, thanks so much. I’ll contact the theme developers about it. Thanks again Robin.

Robin W

@robin-w

no problem, glad I could help 🙂

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar