Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

class="reply" added to body

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• Kasper Isager
    Participant

@kasperisager

Forgot to wrap it: *which means that every <a> on the…

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

Probably not used for anything important. Might be some small style tweaks you’d need to compensate for.

goddess_dix
    Participant

@goddess_dix

I am having exactly the same problem. Having trouble figuring out how to remove this class, not competent with jquery and trying to avoid digging in the core. Any suggestions?

goddess_dix
    Participant

@goddess_dix

And I’ve gathered the script would go something like this?

$("body").removeClass("reply");

Any clues as to what template or how I might add that to remove the reply class from the body would be great. This is my first foray with bbPress and it’s been a learning curve…

You’ll want to remove it from the actual theme template instead of dynamically removing it via jQuery.

Copy the theme files from within bbPress to youtheme/bbpress/ and then make your edits, that way they will be saved and not wiped out on future upgrades.

goddess_dix
    Participant

@goddess_dix

Thank you very much for the reply, jaredatch. Since this class is actually added to the body tag not the wrap divs on replies or whatever, I haven’t been able to locate a template that would allow me to edit it. I may well be missing something and not understanding the bbPress structure, I don’t know.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by goddess_dix.

The body classes are applied dynamically using the WordPress body_class() function (https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/body_class)

You can use a little trickery to hook into it and remove classes, but if possible I probably won’t do that.

Why are you wanting to remove that body class?

goddess_dix
    Participant

@goddess_dix

My theme (Genesis child theme no longer available) uses the reply class for styling. When editing a reply or using a search widget, it messes up the presentation of links. While I could look to try and alter my theme itself to not use the reply class anymore, it’s customized pretty heavily and the company that I purchased this particular child theme from is no longer in business for support requests or suggestions to make it compatible with bbPress. I’ve done a fair amount of work just getting it to the point most of it does look good.

• This reply was modified 11 years, 6 months ago by goddess_dix.

This should do the trick. Just drop it in your theme’s functions.php file.

https://gist.github.com/3868835

goddess_dix
    Participant

@goddess_dix

Thank you! This has been driving me insane for the last couple of weeks now. I very much appreciate your help.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar