Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Child Forums not showing on Index under Parents

• Rough Pixels
    Participant

@roughpixels

I’m redesigning my site, and for some reason, the child (sub) forums are not showing on the Forum Index under their parents. This happened on my first development site and after trying different things, I uninstalled bbPress and reinstalled it. They appeared. Now, when I moved my redesigned theme (which does have some template overrides) to a new dev site setup, once again my child forums are missing. However, uninstalling and reinstalling bbPress didn’t fix it this time.

I looked at the source code of the forum index and there is absolutely nothing there (no child forums).

Any ideas why they are not showing up again?

NOTE: I’m on WordPress 5.4.2, PHP 7.2. I switched to the twenty twenty theme, and the same thing happens…no child forums show under the parents. I also cannot give a link because my redesign is done locally on XAMPP.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Rough Pixels
    Participant

@roughpixels

Forgot to mention I’m using bbPress 2.6.5

ellissharp
    Participant

@ellissharp

There’s an error in there. You need to change access privileges for them to overlap with each other.

Rough Pixels
    Participant

@roughpixels

More clarification on what error, where? Plus, changing access privileges for them to overlap with each other?

Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress is not particularly Xampp friendly, and without being able to see your site of ocurse it’s hard to start to problem find.

it could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

Rough Pixels
    Participant

@roughpixels

Hi Robin…actually, I tried it with all plugins disabled (with the exception of bbPress of course). The same thing happens. I even deleted all my overrides from the theme level… the same issue. I then changed over to the twenty Twenty theme, the same issue.

I may have to wait until I upload the new site version on Monday to see if the subforums show up on the forum index page.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar