Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Checked Docs – 500 Internal Server Error after Plugin Install

• nickritchey

@nickritchey

Hello,

I’ve spent the last 2 hours reading through all the documentation I can find on this error but have not found any resolution.

PROBLEM

> After installing bbPress from the WordPress plugins menu, I get a 500> Internal Server Error for mysite.com/wp-admin/

If I rename the bbPress folder to bbpress-bak in wp-content/plugins then the error goes away, but I can’t activate bbPress with the folder name changed.

Permissions for bbPress are set to 755 and all php files are at 644. I tried deleting the .htaccess file but it didn’t do anything.

I’d love to use bbPress with my WordPress install, but can’t get it working because of this error.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!-Nick

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • If you disable ALL your other WordPress plugins then activate bbPress do you still the 500 error?

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

That’s pretty odd. Do you have server specs you can share? PHP version, available memory, apache/nginx, etc…?

nickritchey

@nickritchey

I disabled all of the plugins and thought it was W3 Total Cache at first, but then I ended up with other errors.

I disabled all caching and it was still broken. I addressed each problem individually, and after a few hours of trying different things, I changed

memory_limit = 62M      ;

to

memory_limit = 128M      ;

in php.ini in my root folder and re-enabled the W3 Total Caching. That seemed to fix the problem.

Resolved!

Thanks for your help!

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar