Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Check if User is Logged From Anywhere.

• Hello.

I’m trying to make a bar that stays constant in every part of my website and I want to include the login form/profile link in it, but I have to check if the user is logged in or somehow be able to use bbpress functions out of bbpress.

Any recommendations for this?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You can always load bbpress and then check, by:

require_once( 'path/to/bb-load.php' );

Otherwise you could check if the cookie is set and has a password parameter. You won’t be able to check if it’s a correct password, of course.

yeah. I actually tried that, but It didn’t recognize any functions. D:. Even tried including the functions, template-functions, pluggable, etc files on their own. Still nothing.

And I tried searching for the cookie parameters, but I’m dumb and I was sleepy, couldn’t do a thing.

… so did you get errors because including the files failed or because you called inexistant functions?

because I called inexistant functions. The includes went on properly.

Err. Sorry about the double post. Functions are recognized properly now -_- I had a dumb mistake (It’s surprising what a little sleep can do for you).

The thing is, I can’t get the functions to recognize the user as being logged in. Will I have to do something similar to what people do to integrate with wp?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar