Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

[Resolved] changing the bbpress theme

• maverickjohn
    Participant

@maverickjohn

Hey guys, i would like to change my theme on bbpress, but everytime i follow the guides it doesnt seem to work.
    I created a folder with my theme in wp-content/themes/*my theme*/and then copied the bbpress folder from the default folder into here as well.
    but it keeps saying my template is missing in the themes section of my dashboard.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

When you say you copied the bbpress folder, can you detail which folder eg
    bbpress/tempaltes/… etc.

Can you post the exact error message, and tell us what precisely you click to get that

eg I go into dashboard then click x, and then click y, andtehn I get “bbvbvbvb vbbvbvb error”

maverickjohn
    Participant

@maverickjohn

public_html/forums/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/templates/default/bbpress
    i pasted that folder into
    public_html/forums/wp-content/themes/options
    Thats the bbpress folder i copied into my theme.
    in my dashboard i go to
    appearance-> themes – error message displays
    “Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description
    Options Template is missing.”

Robin W

@robin-w

Ok, I think I understand

BBpress doesn’t have a “theme”, it uses your theme to get many of it’s display elements.

If you simply want to just use bbpress, then pick a wordpress theme, and off you go !

It’s only if you want to alter how bbpress forums look or behave that you need to copy files.

bbPress uses “templates” to order and decide what to show, and a bbpress.css file to style bbpress specific elements.

Therefore you should use a wordpress theme.

Within that wrodpress theem, you create a bbpress folder for any templates you want to alter, BUT only for those, so if you don’t want to alter, then you need do nothing.

If you wish to alter the bbpress.css, you’d create a css subfolder in your theme and copy the default bbpress.css into their and then alter it, or simply add styling to your themes style.css.

maverickjohn
    Participant

@maverickjohn

Ahhhh legend thanks 🙂

Robin W

@robin-w

You’re welcome !

Spread
    Participant

@spread

I love you

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, but don’t tell the wife !

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar