Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

changed Closed Topic Content background color but still not changing

• brianamanalo
    Participant

@brianamanalo

Hi, I closed a topic and realized I didn’t like the background color once closed. I then went to change the color in the Closed Topic Content option of the Topic/Reply Display section. I changed the color, updated settings, and saw it didn’t change.

The post was stickied, so I unstickied it, openened it, hit save settings again, cleared cache, and the new color I chose still isn’t showing up, the old one is.

Any ideas on what to try here?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

presume this is using bbp style pack ?

is your site public ?

brianamanalo
    Participant

@brianamanalo

This is using bbp style pack, yes.

Yes our website is public and the forum this is occurring on is public.

Robin W

@robin-w

link to the site and an example please

brianamanalo
    Participant

@brianamanalo

Here is the site:

Church of Union: Open Forum

Scroll down to the topic Ask Me Anything with Jeff & Shaleia. It is not changing from pink highlight to what I have set in bbp style pack

Robin W

@robin-w

yes, that’s an issue with 2.6.x where bbpress uses a min file – they are working on a fix, but in the meantime put this in the custom css tab of the style pack plugin

#bbpress-forums .status-closed, #bbpress-forums .status-closed a {
    	background-color: #fdd !important;
    }

brianamanalo
    Participant

@brianamanalo

Ok, I inputted it into the custom CSS tab and saved it, and it’s still not working.

The highlight color I want is saving on the backend but the old highlight color is still showing up. Any suggestions? Thanks for your help.

Robin W

@robin-w

is it still in the settings?

brianamanalo
    Participant

@brianamanalo

the old color is no longer saved in the settings

the new color i want is showing up as saved in the settings

Robin W

@robin-w

so the code above (which I assume is the new color) is saved in custom css tab?

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

In my case the only way I have achieved any forum styles is manually inside my themes “additional css” area. Nothing else worked.

boomer48
    Participant

@boomer48

I edited both the bbpress.css and the bbpress-min.css files to change the “status-closed” text color from #ccc to #000 as indicated in any number of posts on this topic. Still shows up as gray text.

Robin W

@robin-w

link to a live example on your site please

boomer48
    Participant

@boomer48

It’s a private website for our HOA so I would need to change it to public to make the link work. Not sure what you would see other than a grayed out post. The settings for the post are “Super Sticky” and “Closed”. Simple plain text.

My real question is why manually editing the color code in the CSS files doesn’t have any effect. I have deleted the forum, deactivated bbpress, activated bbpress, and created a new forum. Shouldn’t that pick up the changed CSS files? My host is Bluehost if that makes any difference.

Chuckie
    Participant

@ajtruckle

1. Could it be a caching issue?

2. Have you right-clicked the offending element and then walked the CSS style path hierarchy to see if you can notice the style that you implemented take effect? You may see that there is something else in the list taking precedence.

Robin W

@robin-w

Not sure what you would see other than a grayed out post.

lots of front end tools we can use to see what is happening, which we can’t with pictures.

My real question is why manually editing the color code in the CSS files doesn’t have any effect.

could be loads of things, including caching as Chuckie says, theme and child theme issue or other things.

boomer48
    Participant

@boomer48

Thanks for the tips. I did the right click and it clearly showed the #ccc color code. I didn’t realize that this was loading from the browser cache. I’m used to programming microcontrollers, not websites. Cleared the browser cache on all my web browsers and now the closed link stays black.

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar