Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change the language in bbpress, HELP!

• hannibalherman
    Participant

@hannibalherman

Hi, i really want to change my language from English to Danish. In my wordpress Settings > i have changed the wordpress language to Danish. But it docent work in bbpress.
    I have the newest version of bbpress, and wp-content > languages there are bbpress-2.4.x-da.po and mo.
    what to do?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

To achieve this you have to translate bbPress in your language as described in the following page.

bbPress in Your Language

hannibalherman
    Participant

@hannibalherman

I have the correct language files in the folder… but it want select it as my language?

healthshopey
    Participant

@healthshopey

Thanks Good to know. I’ll update the Forum to accommodate both versions.

Vinod Dalvi
    Participant

@vinod-dalvi

Please make sure you have uploaded files to /wp-content/languages/bbpress/ of your WordPress installation. If the /wp-content/languages/ and /wp-content/languages/bbpress/ folders do not exist, create them.

Also please rename each file of the files to bbpress-language_COUNTRY.extension

eg. bbpress-plugin-pt-br.po to bbpress-pt_BR.po
    and bbpress-plugin-pt-br.mo to bbpress-pt_BR.mo.
    Note: Ensure you use the – and _ in the correct place per the above example.

duyguatalarbtyon
    Participant

@duyguatalarbtyon

Hi, I also want to change language english to turkish. I download the mo and po files and put them in to /wp-content/languages/bbpress/.. But there is no config file to change define(‘BBLANG’,); to define(‘BBLANG’, ‘tr_TR’);
    where it should be and if I created config.php and if I just write “define(‘BBLANG’, ‘tr_TR’);” is it work?

I hope somebody help me

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar