Categories
Search
Bottom

Change link colours?

• Flight777
    Participant

@flight777

Hello all,

I’m trying to change the link (pagination) colours of the default theme twentyten. However, I can’t find any css entry what so ever. Could someone point me in the right direction? Still a bit of a newbie with website editing 😛

Thanks!

Flight777

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Flight777
    Participant

@flight777

Anyone please?

ctekmusic
    Participant

@ctekmusic

I don’t have the twentyten theme installed but you can find the location of the CSS using a code inspector (The built in Chrome one will do fine). Simply right-click the element in the web page, click inspect element and note the css location and properties.

From there you can manually overwrite the style in your own css file, or find the CSS file bbPress is using and edit it.

I can’t verify but i’m guessing the bbPress CSS for twentytwelve is here:

/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/style.css

or

/wp-content/plugins/bbpress/bbp-themes/bbp-twentyten/css/bbpress.css

Chris

Flight777
    Participant

@flight777

Hello Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I do know where the CSS is located but I can’t find the exact entry for the links (even with Chrome). When I load the compat theme it does get the proper link colours from the main wordpress theme but the whole lay-out is ***** up then 😛

Here it the link (with the twentyten loaded):

http://www.verantwoordnalaten.com/versie2/forums/forum/verantwoord-nalaten/

Rob

Flight777
    Participant

@flight777

Someone understand ? 😛

ctekmusic
    Participant

@ctekmusic

Hi Rob

I had a look on your forum and there are no css rules for any link elements which is strange. Try adding this into your css file:

#bbpress-forums .bbp-breadcrumb a { color: #F6AC2C; }

That should make the breadcrumb links go yellow (as an example). If that works you just need to populate the css file with all the link colours manually which you can find by digging around with the code inspector.

If you want to change all link colours quickly and lazily you could just target every link within bbPress like this

#bbpress-forums a { color: #F6AC2C; }

Hope this helps

Flight777
    Participant

@flight777

That worked, thanks! 🙂 Well this is the default twentyten CSS so it is missing by default.

ctekmusic
    Participant

@ctekmusic

That’s annoying but at least we figured out what was wrong 🙂 . Good luck styling your new forum!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar