Categories
Search
Bottom

Change Forum Title from Archives: Forums

• ticsandthoughts
    Participant

@ticsandthoughts

Hello,

I am using the latest version of wordpress (5.4) and the most recent version of bbPress (2.6.4)

I am using the Responsive theme.

I am extremely new to all of this, so apologies if this is a dumb question. I recently set up a forum through bbPress and am wanting to remove the top text on the page “Archive: Forums”, as well as the text description “bbPress forums”.

Here’s a link to how it looks right now: https://ticsandthoughts.com/forums/

Thanks so much in advance!

Alex

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

do you have a wordpress page called forums?

ticsandthoughts
    Participant

@ticsandthoughts

Hi Robin,

Thanks for the quick response. Yes I have a wordpress page called forums with the shortcode [bbp-forum-index] in the body.

From there, in my menus, the Forums link is linked to https://ticsandthoughts.com/forums/

Robin W

@robin-w

ok in menus, do not have a link, but have the page, that should help

ticsandthoughts
    Participant

@ticsandthoughts

Thank you for the tip Robin. I believe I have done this correctly, in my menus I removed the custom link and inserted the actual forums page, and from what I can see it still has the title Archive: Forums along with the description of bbPress Forums below that… any other tips I can try?

Thanks again for all of your help

Robin W

@robin-w

it is theme related – all I can suggest is adding this in the custom css area of your theme

.`forum-archive .site-content-header {
    display : none !important;
    }`

ticsandthoughts
    Participant

@ticsandthoughts

I figured as much, I put in the above code in the CSS and it worked perfectly! I spent hours trying to edit my child theme this past weekend with no success, and you fixed it in 2 seconds. Thanks so much!

For anybody else that might use this in the future, in the above code, this worked for me after removing the “‘” between the “.” and “forum-archive”. So:

.forum-archive .site-content-header {
    display : none !important;
    }

Thanks again for all the help Robin!

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

emmakaliza
    Participant

@emmakaliza

Just want to say thanks! This thread helped me avoid the hours of trying to find ways to fix the child theme to handle this. You guys rock. Thanks again.

Robin W

@robin-w

hey thanks – really helps when we know that people appreciate our help:-)

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar