Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change forum default text

• John
    Participant

@dv1961

Is there a way to change the text ‘Viewing X topics…’ that appears under the list of topics? I can’t see any customisation options.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

what would you like it to say ?

John
    Participant

@dv1961

Thanks for getting back to me. Maybe ‘Viewing X messages..’ it’s the word ‘topics’ I’d like to change

Robin W

@robin-w

Put this in your child theme’s function file – or use

Code Snippets

add_filter(  'ngettext',  'rew_bbpress_translate' , 20 , 5 );

function rew_bbpress_translate( $translation, $single, $plural, $number, $domain ) {
    	if ($domain == 'bbpress') {
        if ($translation == 'Viewing %1$s topic') $translation = 'Viewing %1$s messages' ;
    	if ($translation == 'Viewing %1$s topics') $translation = 'Viewing %1$s messages' ;
    	if ($translation == 'Viewing topic %2$s (of %4$s total)') $translation = 'Viewing message %2$s (of %4$s total)' ;
    	if ($translation == 'Viewing %1$s topics - %2$s through %3$s (of %4$s total)') $translation = 'Viewing %1$s messages - %2$s through %3$s (of %4$s total)' ;
    	}
    return apply_filters ('rew_bbpress_translate', $translation, $single, $plural, $number, $domain ) ;
    }

John
    Participant

@dv1961

Thanks Robin, that works. Do you know of any plugins that do this sort of thing? I’d be happy to pay for something that just gave my a panel with lots of options like this. I guess you can’t recommend paid plugins on this forum…

Robin W

@robin-w

it can be complicated and can require some digging to find the original phrase, but my style pack plugin has a translation section which works for quite a few

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>translations

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar