Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change css id’s

• infernoprime
    Participant

@infernoprime

Let me first state I am doing this for security in light of all the wordpress sites being hacked. I want to change the #bbpress css ID’s to something like #forum.

I am not much of a coder so could I ask how I go about this ? or is there an easier way to go about this ?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

ok

1. I’m very unclear about how changing css will increase your website security. Css is passed to your browser, so anyone accessing you site has a view to all the css. I’m always willing to learn, but I know of no hack that involves knowing css id’s, or indeed how changing them would prevent a hack if indeed that were possible – as soon as I load your site to my browser I see all css.

2. Changing the css class bbpress would involve rewriting large portions of the plugin, which would make it unsupportibale, and would leave you vulnerable to real hacks that security releases in bbpress would prevent

infernoprime
    Participant

@infernoprime

I appreciate your reply Robin.

I simply like keeping my software private that’s all nothing against any of the devs. If I could find another alternative I would be fine.

infernoprime
    Participant

@infernoprime

Would it be easier to create a blank css file and start over ? All I really want to do is either obscure the css or hide it somehow like showing another css file instead of what is being shown.

Robin W

@robin-w

you could use

wp_dequeue_script ('bbp-default') ;

to dequeue and then load you own named version

infernoprime
    Participant

@infernoprime

Could you suggest a place for a non coder to learn how to use another css file and change the id ?

Robin W

@robin-w

google – plenty of courses on-line

I will state again that what you are trying to do is pretty pointless.

infernoprime
    Participant

@infernoprime

Then do you have a better idea ?

Robin W

@robin-w

Since I have no idea why you think css is an issue, then no I don’t have a better idea 🙂

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar