Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change bbPress toolbar, math equations

• carlviggo
    Participant

@carlviggo

Hi! I wonder how to change the bbPress toolbar to include the possibility for the user to include math equations, like the square root sign, in their topic.
    /Carl Viggo

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

Hi @carlviggo,

I’ve been using this on PhysicsCafe.org.

WP QuickLaTeX

It’s not perfect and it’s not clear how well it’s being maintained. But it’s still working for us, so far. Let me know if you find anything better. It also might be possible just to include MathJax directly on your site, although I haven’t figured out how to do that myself.

Mike

carlviggo
    Participant

@carlviggo

Hi! Thanks for your quick reply. Do you know if it is possible for users to insert math equations with the plugin above in the “create topic” area?

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

I’m not sure I understand. You mean in the topic title? I just tried that and it looks like you can put math in a topic title. So, yes, if you meant the title.

carlviggo
    Participant

@carlviggo

Hi! I’m running a math forum – globalmathforum.com – and I want my users to be able to write equations in when sending their questions via bbPress. Do you know if the users will be able to use the plugin?

Mike Witt
    Participant

@mike80222

I think so, given the caveats above. You know, since you’re running an actual math forum, you might want to reach out directly to the authors of both: WP QuickLaTeX (Pavel Holoborodko) and MathJax-LaTeX (Phillip Lord, Simon Cockell, and Paul Schreiber). They might be willing to give you some extra help with their plugins. At least it’s worth a try.

carlviggo
    Participant

@carlviggo

Thanks for your help! I’ll see what I can do.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar