Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Change bbPress role for WP users who change WP role

• yarnboy
    Participant

@yarnboy

I am working on a site that uses CiviCRM to manage its membership base and bbPress to run forums. Users who are in good standing (i.e. have paid their fees) have a WP role of ‘member’. They lose this role if their membership lapses. I am looking for a way to change their bbPress role to ‘blocked’ when this occurs, I don’t see a way to do this, other than writing a custom cron job. This seems like something lots of people would like to be able to do, so I’m wondering if there’s a way that I’m just not seeing.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

so you will either need a hook from your CiviCRM code, so need to query this with them, or as you suggest have a cron job.

In the spirit of community software, if you write such a function, then yes please do share it here so that other people who would like to do this canb make use of it

yarnboy
    Participant

@yarnboy

I ended up going about this another way. My client wanted all forum pages to be inaccessible to anyone without the ‘member’ role, so I used Buddypress-specific checks, instead of syncing bbPress roles with WP roles.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar