Bottom

Certain User Cannot Create Topic or Reply to Topic

• Eupher
    Participant

@eupher

Wordpress 5.0.3
    bbpress 2.5.14

Home

Some users are able to create topics and posts, and also reply to posts. One user in particular gets the “ERROR: Your topic (or reply, depending) cannot be created at this time.”

All plugs except the bbpress plugin and the bbpress tweak plugin were deactivated then I logged in under the user’s name. The problem remained.

The Comment Blacklist under Dashboard\Settings\Discussion is totally blank. No naughty words in there.

There are no “groups” as such. All users are veterans and members of this organization. No need for additional “groups”.

I created a dummy account under my wife’s username, email, and a password and that works fine. She can create topics and replies. Other users don’t have an issue.

I am not able to replicate this problem anywhere – only with the user DickB. (His user name was originally “Dick_Bartlett” but I got rid of the underscore thinking that might be a problem.)

I have reviewed as many bbpress articles as I could find on this issue.

I’ve run out of ideas, and there don’t appear to be any more answers to this problem that I’ve been able to find.

So I’m turning to you experts to figure out how to get this user on track.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

this crops up occasionally and has proved difficult to fault find.

I’ve just written a small plugin that will check what is set in the blacklist, but also let you skip that check.

can you give it a try, and let me know if it helps

1. go to

bbp blacklist checker

and download and save, and make a note of where it is saved.

2. Then go to dashboard>plugins>add new> upload and upload the plugin you saved in 1. above

3. then activate

4. go to dashboard>tools>bbp blacklist checker and it will confirm whether data is held, and let you skip the check

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar