Categories
Search
Bottom

Categories and Topics

• porkchop73
    Participant

@porkchop73

Hello. WP version 5.0 BB Press Version 2.5.14

I have a quick question. I have searched and found no answer thus far. It involves creating categories and forums under them categories and then topics showing up in categories that they don’t belong in.

Example:

Category Example 1:
    Forum Example 1
    Forum Example 3

Category Example 2:
    Forum Example 2:

Now say I post a topic in Forum Example 2 under the category Example 2. When I go to read any topics in category example 1 forums 1 or 3, I see every single post made in category 2. Now that is kind of counter productive is it not? I do not see the need to create categories and forums if all posts are going to show up no matter where I look anyhow.

I have never met a forum system that does this. I helped develop a piece of software based on a forum with close to a million downloads before we called it quits so I am a shade on the forum familiar side but this boggles my mind. I am rather new to WordPress and BBPress so I am more than sure it is my missing a setting or something?

I appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this. I am having a good time with it thus far. My sincerest apologies if this has been covered and beat to death already.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• porkchop73
    Participant

@porkchop73

I think I figured it out. Is it pinned posts that do that and not all posts?

Robin W

@robin-w

yes with bbpress you can make a post sticky or super sticky – stick or stick to front

sticky puts it at the top of its forum, super sticky put it at the top of all forums

porkchop73
    Participant

@porkchop73

AH ok. I bet I made them super sticky then. Thanks. Ill go back and check. I just couldn’t see the reason to be able to see posts from other categories in other categories. I completely understand super stickies though.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar