Skip to:

Can't insert links into forum posts

• danny2104

When I insert links into a reply for a topic via the the link option or by inputting html directly, it never shows up in the reply. In fact if my reply consists only of a link and no text apart from it, ll i get is an empty\blank reply to the topic. I’ve tried this with different user roles too, since i suspected the ability to post unrestricted html might’ve been the problem, but no such luck. I’m relatively new to wordpress, so i apologise if this has an obvious fix or an apparent reason.

Wordpress 3.6
    BBpress 2.3.2

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• unitedtechpros

I had this issue last night… ? I was using the link button to insert… I tried it just by typing the http address ( for example) and it created a link automagically!

Also, it will embed youtube videos for you just by placing in the link.

Hope this works for you!

Yeah it does work that way, and so far i’ve been using that until i can find a workaround, but there has got to be a way to embed links using html, and also, if you use the ‘link’ tag to insert a webpage url like it works just fine and displays whatever text you want the hyperlink to display. However if you use the ‘link’ tag to insert a file url, it just returns a blank reply again.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar