Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t import users from phpBB 3.2.4

• telium
    Participant

@telium

I have a fresh bbPress install and want to import everything possible from my phpBB version 3.2.4 installation. The import runs and step 8 is importing lots of anonymous topic authors.

However, why aren’t my users importing? Based on other posts I ensure no topics/threads are attributed to founders/moderators/admins. (I created a single founder account and downgraded everyone else).

I see some references to a 3rd party import script, and other references saying its not needed. Can someone help? It’s Jan 15 2020 and I have the latest bbPress. Note sure hot to proceed.

Excerpt from log:

6.No forum subscriptions to import
    5.All forum parents imported100%
    5.Calculating forum hierarchy (0 through 11 of 11)0%
    4.All forums imported100%
    4.Converting forums (0 through 16 of 16)0%
    3.No passwords to clear
    2.No users to import
    1.Skipping sync-table clean-up
Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• telium
    Participant

@telium

BTW, I only have 30 users on my forum. (Still relatively new). Is it easier/possible to manually create the users and then import will match them up to the right user (based on username)?

telium
    Participant

@telium

(I also tried converting all of my phpBB tables to utf8mb_unicode_ci but that didn’t help).

The onscreen status is very high level. Is there an import log somewhere that might provide more details- pointing to something I can fix? I’m comfortable altering the MySQL structure of phpBB if needed.

telium
    Participant

@telium

I just discovered that after the import, although the forum page says lots of posts and topics in each forum, when I enter any forum there are NO topics.

So this is going really badly….

heroyouwi
    Participant

@heroyouwi

hello, about phpbb 3.2.9, i mapped the corrent column in the script convert : phpBB.php
    i have a heavy phpbb forum : 16 forums, 3000 topics, 95000 posts, 3000 users, all successfully imported in bbpress 2.5
    here my fix :

phpbb 3.2.9 fix bbpress import

enjoy it

angeljs
    Participant

@angeljs

Unfortunately that didn’t work for me, everything just says nothing to import.

angeljs
    Participant

@angeljs

Okay, I managed to import users now, but no forums, even though the imported said they’d been imported.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar