Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't get to a fresh install

• katemgilbert

@katemgilbert

I installed bbPress yesterday on a site with WP 3.0 multisite and BuddyPress. Unfortunately I set a key master username that was already in my database, and since I was integrating with cookies, I got an error. Couldn’t find a way to change the username, so I decided to remove bbPress from my server and start with a fresh install. The BuddyPress forum setup page gave me a new bb-config.php file, but when I re-uploaded bbPress today with the new bb-config, I still got the message that bbPress is already installed and do I want to run an upgrade script. Clicking the link to run the upgrade script does nothing, loads a blank page.

I just want to start over from square 1 and install bbPress on my site. How do I clear out this old failed install so I stop getting the message that its already installed?

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bbPress isn’t compatible with BuddyPress. They are two different products despite the fact that BuddyPress have chosen the name “bbPress.”

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bbPress isn’t compatible with BuddyPress. They are two different products despite the fact that BuddyPress have chosen the name “bbPress.”

katemgilbert

@katemgilbert

@zaerl – Thanks but that’s not accurate. bbPress is the forum plugin for BuddyPress. Several tutorials provide links to this site (bbpress.org) for forum integration within BuddyPress. See https://buddypress.org/2010/08/buddypress-and-bbpress-the-future/

Even if the two were not compatible, it still doesn’t address the issue I’m having with removing a failed installation from my server. That problem is completely independent from BuddyPress.

Can anyone help me clear bbPress off my server so I can start over?

katemgilbert

@katemgilbert

@zaerl – Thanks but that’s not accurate. bbPress is the forum plugin for BuddyPress. Several tutorials provide links to this site (bbpress.org) for forum integration within BuddyPress. See https://buddypress.org/2010/08/buddypress-and-bbpress-the-future/

Even if the two were not compatible, it still doesn’t address the issue I’m having with removing a failed installation from my server. That problem is completely independent from BuddyPress.

Can anyone help me clear bbPress off my server so I can start over?

katemgilbert

@katemgilbert

Problem resolved. For some reason I can’t use the bb-config.php file that BuddyPress generates for me, but if I pull the DB credentials from it and into a new bb-config.php file via the bbpress installer, it works.

katemgilbert

@katemgilbert

Problem resolved. For some reason I can’t use the bb-config.php file that BuddyPress generates for me, but if I pull the DB credentials from it and into a new bb-config.php file via the bbpress installer, it works.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bbPress is the forum plugin for BuddyPress.

Kate I’ve been involved in bbPress (as a plugin developer) for several months and yes I know what bbPress is and no the “bbPress” that you find in BuddyPress isn’t bbPress. This has been clarified several times. Check these tagged posts:

https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/buddypress

The two softwares are not compatible.

zaerl
    Participant

@zaerl

bbPress is the forum plugin for BuddyPress.

Kate I’ve been involved in bbPress (as a plugin developer) for several months and yes I know what bbPress is and no the “bbPress” that you find in BuddyPress isn’t bbPress. This has been clarified several times. Check these tagged posts:

https://bbpress.org/forums/tags/buddypress

The two softwares are not compatible.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar