Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t find admin panel

• I just finished installing bbPress with WordPress MU and did the integration on install. Problem is, I can’t find the bbPress admin panel. Can anyone help me out? Thanks!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

It’s not located at http://bluejavamug.com/bbpress/bb-admin/ ?

Are you sure all the folders and files made it up there on upload?

Do you have an .htaccess file that might be rewriting it in a bad way?

If you login as the keymaster, is there a link that says (Admin | Log out) after your name where Admin is a link to the admin panel?

Maybe you’re not logged in as the keymaster?

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

Hey, I have the same issue. Mine is a bit wierd though. When I am logged in, the board name is too long and is OVER the admin link, so that I can’t access it. Where can I go in the php to change that name to something shorter? LOL

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

You could probably change it in the database if you access with something like phpMyAdmin. Otherwise you used to be able to set this in bb-config.php, but I’m not sure if this still works:

$bb->name = 'Short Forum Name';

If not, you could just edit the header.php template file to not even display the site name on the site until you can log in and change it in the admin panel.

Just remove this line long enough to log in and change the Name setting:

<h1><a href="<?php bb_uri(); ?>"><?php bb_option('name'); ?></a></h1>

dianeinatlanta

@dianeinatlanta

The third option worked. Thanks, Chris. I could have spent the rest of the day trying to work my cursor under that !@#$%% name! Happy Holidays…

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar