Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t delete spam posts; anonymous posts although turned off

• TeqToo
    Participant

@teqtoo

I recently had an attack on my forum where almost 14,000 posts were made in rapid succession, all with oriental characters. This wasn’t my main forum, but a secondary forum, so the contents isn’t super-important, although I’d like to preserve it if possible.

I’ve tried sending the offending topics to trash, but there are at this point 11,000 of them, and every time I try to delete even 100 using the Bulk actions, I get a Resource limit message with a 503 or 505 error. I can’t possibly delete the topics one at a time! I’ve tried sending the entire forum to trash, but I get the same thing.

In addition, I don’t understand how there could be topics started by Anonymous, when in my forum settings I have that ability UNchecked. After the attack, I upped the flood control settings to 90 seconds, and closed that forum, but I still don’t understand how they got in to do all that!

I’m on bbPress 2.6.6, WordPress 5.8.1, and the site is http://bluebirdnut.com/forums/. The forum where the bogus posts are located is the second one listed, Soup to Nuts forum.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar