Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't connect to Database

• Hi All,

I’ve moved a bbpress install for a client, and I’m seeing the strangest bug – Client has bbpress, and the bbpress “latest” plugin for showing the posts on his main page. The latest plugin works great, accesses the DB and all, the bb though – can’t access the DB. Same username/pass/database/host, file has correct permissions so it can read it – everything looks great..but BB continually can not reach the DB.

I’ve deleted/recreated the file, I’ve done it all – any tips? We rsync’d the files from the other host, and it worked fine prior.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Does it *ever* connect to the database?

Chris,

The actual forum doesn’t – even though the plugin does. I switched out the bb-config sample file and manually typed the information in as well.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What plugin are you talking about?

If the forum cannot connect, chances are there is a problem with the database connection details.

“Bbpress Latest Discussion” is the plugin. It works fine – I’m pretty convinced this is some weird bug. There’s definitely nothing wrong with the db info.

Gautam

@gautam-gupta

Make sure all files (especially bb-includes & bb-includes/backpress files) are uploaded.

Everything is there. Is there somewhere I can open a ticket and ask someone to take a look at this?

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Not that I know of. Do you have someone local you trust you to help with this? You will need to give someone access to your web space and possibly host control panel.

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar