Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t change user info

• pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

Just wondering if there are any known issues with editing member info with 1.0? I have a forum set up and need to change my user info (password Etc.) but it refreshes to the same page.

The odd thing is that another installation using 1.0 has no issues.

Any thoughts?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

Which 1.0 alpha are you using? There was an issue with this but I forget with what version.

This is the only thing recent I can find right now:

https://bbpress.org/forums/topic/cant-edit-the-keymasters-profile

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

Thanks for the reply!

Alpha 6

Here are some variables that might help…

– I updated recently from 0.9.0.4 (although I also updated my other site and it’s fine)

– I integrated cookies with WordPress

– not limited to Keymaster accounts

– works fine with Safari but not with the latest Firefox

I hadn’t integrated the database yet as I am running three installations on one site and was looking for the best way to do so (I’ve since decided that I’m going to keep them seperate).

My site is new so I’m not too bothered by the thought of starting the database over unless there is a quick fix for this…

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

Just to clarify…

This is only affecting the sites with integrated cookies and only on Firefox.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

What version WordPress did you integrate with, and what did you do to make sure the cookies work?

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

WordPress 2.7.1

What did I do to make sure the cookies worked? Hmmm. Well, I went through the entire integration process in the bbPress admin panel. I never took it further than just setting it up because my site is brand new and realizing that I didn’t know how to integrate 3 bbPress databases into one WP install I talked myself out of the idea. So, nothing that I can think of.

Here is the link to my site. Like I said it’s kind f a live trial run so nothing much is happening. Also, all of the plugins that I’m using are also used with my other forums that work.

Is there a way to re-set the cookies integration?

http://mcmxxii.com/

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

Hmmm. I know I’m just guessing here but I really thought this would work…

I deleted the full database of one of the three installations along with the config file. Then ran the installation, set up my account, tried to change my info – I could change my ‘First Name’ but not anything else.

So, if I am right and integrating cookies is my problem how do I un-integrate if not through the database of config file?

pierrottorreip

@pierrottorreip

I switched the theme to default and tried it again. Upon hitting submit the password fields highlighted in red – which they don’t do in the Options theme.

For some reason in Firefox and only with this particular installation of bbPress my first password field auto fills. The page thinks I’m trying to change my password and wants me to fill both password fields.

Problem solved!

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar