Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t change topic attribute to Normal from Super Sticky

• artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

This is an odd one. I set a topic to Super Sticky but was unable to change to Normal. After Update it would revert back to Super Sticky. I was able to change to Sticky from Super Stick but still can not change to Normal.

Wordpress 5.3.2
    bbPress 2.4.6

musiclibraryreport.com

Thanks for any help.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I suspect that another plugin or your theme is causing this.

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

Yep, did all of that. Deactivated all plugins and changed to Twenty Twenty theme. Still the same problem.

Robin W

@robin-w

tried backend and frontend?

artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

Ah, good one. Missed trying on the front end and that works on the live site with current theme and all plugins.

Thank you Robin!

Robin W

@robin-w

no idea why it isn’t working for you on the back end – works fine on my test site

artmuns
    Participant

@artmuns

I’m on WP Engine, maybe something on their end. It had been working in the past though. Glad to know I have a workaround.

Thanks again.

robertstaddon
    Participant

@robertstaddon

I have the exact same problem as @artmuns on a brand new WordPress install. I’m running just the latest version of bbPress 2.6.4 with the latest version of WordPress and no other plugins on the default WordPress theme. On the Edit Topic screen, I can go to “Topic Attributes” and change the “Type” to “Sticky” or “Super Sticky”. However, once a topic type has been changed to “Sticky” or “Super Sticky”, if I try changing it back to “Normal” and then click “Update”, it will not change. I have to either go to the frontend or to the listing of All Topics and click “Unstick” to change the Topic type to something besides “Sticky”. This is definitely a bug with bbPress!

unclemiru
    Participant

@unclemiru

I have the exact same problem,, how to solve this problem…help~

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar