Can’t change language
WordPress version: 4.9.8
bbPress version: 2.5.14
Despite reading many threads about this, I still couldn’t figure out a way to change the language of the forum to hebrew. I will work you through what I did:
1. Download bbPress.
2. Add all the pages (login, register etc.) to the menu. (since the website is in hebrew, you can the pages find it under the second last menu item).
3. Download the hebrew .po and .mo files and put them in the directory /wp-content/languages/bbpress with the proper name (bbpress-he_IL.po and bbpress-he_IL.mo)
4. Check the websites register and login pages, still in english.
5. Edit “wp-config.php” file and added “define(‘BBLANG’, ‘bbpress_he_IL’);”.
6. Check the websites register and login pages, still in english.
Also things I have tried:
– Putting the .po and .mo files under /wp-content/languages/plugins/.
– Made sure I don’t have a translation update under “Dashboard -> Updates” in wordpress.
The hebrew is not 100% finished, but from this guide I understood that it doesn’t matter as long as I manually override it.
So the bottom line is – I really need help figuring that out. What am I missing?
Thanks for everyone who read and help,
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.