Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can't Add User with Admin Add User Plug-In

• I just installed the Admin Add User plug-in. When I go to Add User, I get an error message that a file is missing: bb-plugins/admin-add-user.php on line 15. Line 15 is this: require_once( BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘registration-functions.php’);

I cannot find the registration-functions.php anywhere. What am I missing?? I’m running bbPress 1.0.2. I specifically DO NOT want to integrate users with WordPress users.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can’t believe someone’s having the same problem like mine at almost the same time.

I’m using 1.0.3 and as the plugin page comments suggested, the file on line 15 is a false one. So I followed the comment to set it to

require_once( BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘functions.bb-users.php’);

and EVEN

require_once( BB_PATH . ‘register.php’) #yes, I was messing around.

Yes, the files ARE there but I still got the error message:

“There is no administration page at the requested address. Please check the address you entered and try again.”

It really bothers me.

Any help?

Can’t believe someone’s having the same problem like mine at almost the same time.

I’m using 1.0.3 and as the plugin page comments suggested, the file on line 15 is a false one. So I followed the comment to set it to

require_once( BB_PATH . BB_INC . ‘functions.bb-users.php’);

and EVEN

require_once( BB_PATH . ‘register.php’) #yes, I was messing around.

Yes, the files ARE there but I still got the error message:

“There is no administration page at the requested address. Please check the address you entered and try again.”

It really bothers me.

Any help?

Ok, I got totally lucky here. Probably will cause other problems, but here’s what I did to get it to work:

1. In admin-add-user.php, change line 15 to this: require_once( BB_PATH . ‘register.php’);

2. In register.php, change line 2 to this: require(‘bb-load.php’);

3. In bb-load.php, comment out lines 36-43 (the bb_timer_start function)

I am pretty sure that #3 isn’t a great idea, but I don’t know PHP well enough to really determine how bad it is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Ok, I got totally lucky here. Probably will cause other problems, but here’s what I did to get it to work:

1. In admin-add-user.php, change line 15 to this: require_once( BB_PATH . ‘register.php’);

2. In register.php, change line 2 to this: require(‘bb-load.php’);

3. In bb-load.php, comment out lines 36-43 (the bb_timer_start function)

I am pretty sure that #3 isn’t a great idea, but I don’t know PHP well enough to really determine how bad it is.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

@amylove

Well, maybe too risky. :)

I now use Instant Password, Private Forums and Role Manager to do the work, i.e. add member without sending email and random password and on a very basic level, limit unwanted registrations.

Instant Password lets member choose their own password.

Private Forums hides content from unregistered user.

Role Manager: I ticked out write permission for Member and added another role called “Writer” which is exactly the same with the default “Member” role. That way newly registered cannot post anything and that pretty much prevents some newbie from messing up the forums…

@amylove

Well, maybe too risky. :)

I now use Instant Password, Private Forums and Role Manager to do the work, i.e. add member without sending email and random password and on a very basic level, limit unwanted registrations.

Instant Password lets member choose their own password.

Private Forums hides content from unregistered user.

Role Manager: I ticked out write permission for Member and added another role called “Writer” which is exactly the same with the default “Member” role. That way newly registered cannot post anything and that pretty much prevents some newbie from messing up the forums…

condra

@condra

condra

@condra

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar