Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can’t add “category” forum to Buddypress group

• Bodhipaksa
    Participant

@haecceity

Until today I had a Buddypress group set up with a forum. That forum was a category, containing several other forums. When people clicked on the forum link in the group, they saw a list of all the forums available for that group.

Then the forum started saying that there were no topics available. And when I looked in the group’s forum settings the group is now linked with a new (empty) forum with the same name as the original category forum. The category forum is now grayed out and can’t be selected to be the forum for the group.

I’ve tried running all the repairs available in Admin > Tools > Forums > Repair Forums. No change.

Settings > Forums > Group Forums Parent is set to the correct (category) forum.

Could the problem be related to my having changed the group from Hidden to Private?

I’m on WP 5.2.1, Buddypress 4.3.0, bbPress 2.5.14.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Bodhipaksa
    Participant

@haecceity

Hmm. Well, I found I could fix this by adding the new forum to the group (type=forum), making the other forums children of that, and then changing the parent group to type=category. What a run-around!

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar