Cannot select DB.
I would like to try bbPress, but cannot get past the “Cannot select DB.” error message. What am I doing wrong? Here is what I have done…
1. Downloaded and am successfully running MySQL 5.0.26 server on Mac OS X 10.4.8.
2. Added a database called “testbb” to the mysql server (this is working because I can access this database through the mysql commandline in Terminal and in CocoaMySQL).
3. Turned on php (version 4.4.1) in the httpd.conf file.
4. Turned on the apache webserver running on my computer.
5. Downloaded the bbPress folder and put it in my webserver directory.
6. Changed the config-sample.php file to config.php.
7. Modified the config.php file. I changed the database name to testbb, changed the username to root, added the appropriate password, and changed the URL domain to “http://localhost/~myusername” and the URL path to “/bbpress/” because I did not change the folder’s name. It is still “bbpress”.
When I try to access the install.php file, I type in “http://localhost/~myusername/bbpress/bb-admin/install.php” into my browser. This successfully brings up the following error message: “Cannot select DB.”
What am I doing wrong? Why can’t it access the database, when I can access it through the commandline with the same username and password?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.