Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot Integrate users with WP

Inactive

Ok, first of all I should note that this is the second time iv installed this and i still got the “minor error: duplicate user_nicename” message or something like that.

But this time it worked well and I logged in straight away as the admin. But when I went to login to the WP-Admin, I couldnt log back in the bbPress as admin and as any username.

So what I then did was clear all the cookies, then it allowed me to log back in as admin in bbPress, so now im in. But… I click on the “Admin” link at the top to go to the settings and all that stuff. and its spits out this:-

Warning: require_once(../wp-blog-header.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/picbico/public_html/forum/bb-config.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../wp-blog-header.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/picbico/public_html/forum/bb-config.php on line 2

I also might need to mention that I tried to ‘intergrate’ the wordpress functions with it by applying this line to the bb-config.php file : require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);

thanks for any help let alone all the work you guys have put into this forum. i appreciate it

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Inactive

note:-

I just removed the “require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);” line from bb-config.php.

and all seems to be working fine, i can login as admin on both WP-admin and bbpress .

So what is that line supposed to do, how is that supposed to intergrate the two together i didnt and still dont understand it.

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

That line is supposed to allow you to use WordPress functions from inside a bbPress page. It looks like you just got the path to it wrong. Does the file wp-blog-header.php actually exist one directory level up from where the bb-config.php is right now?

Inactive

what are the wordpress “functions” i dont get it, coz now iv removed the line and everything works, but i may be missing something whatever these “functions” do. and yeahs i did direct it to the right wp-blog-header.php

thanks

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

WordPress functions are defined and available to WordPress.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference

If you don’t need to use those functions, then don’t include WordPress. You don’t need to include WordPress like that to have integrated users.

Inactive

i think i may need those functions to intergrate teh forum “theme” with the rest of the site so it doesnt look like two seperate thigns.

ill be back after i try this : require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’); one more time.

Do you know if this has to be the first line in the config file or something. and does php use 2 dots ie “../” to mean back a directory, getting confusing.

And btw i changed it from bb-config-sample.php to bb-config.php before installing it becuase it didnt work.

the structure is like this : –

picbi.com/wp-blog-header.php

and

picbi.com/forum/bb-config.php

and in bb-config.php i put this line, in the first line after the <?php :-

require_once(‘../wp-blog-header.php’);

also………………………………………….

after copying that line in bb-config.php would this mean that i cant login as different users in the forum and the blog AT THE SAME TIME.

for example i just put the line in but this time not at the beginning of bb-config.php and it worked but its not letting me for example login as the admin of the blog and as a different user in the forum AT THE SAME TIME. or is that meant to happen.

Inactive

it worked but when i logged in as admin in the blog and then go to login as admin in bbpress (both the same user).. it logins me in as admin but when I click on the “admin” link at the top.

I get this: –

Warning: require_once(../wp-blog-header.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/picbico/public_html/forum/bb-config.php on line 29

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required ‘../wp-blog-header.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/picbico/public_html/forum/bb-config.php on line 29

and yeahs the wp-blog-header.php is there, otherwise there would have been an error before i even logged in.

Sam Bauers
    Participant

@sambauers

Try using a full path in the require_once() rather than a relative path.

Inactive

iv just replaced that line with : –

require_once(‘http://www.picbi.com/wp-blog-header.php&#8217;);

and now the entire forum gives me just a white empty page. with no text or anything.

Inactive

i just read a post on another thread, and saw this checklist:-

1. You are running latest versions of WordPress (2.5.1) and bbPress (0.9.0.2)

ME – yeahs I am !

2. You have matched SECRET_KEY in wp-config.php with BB_SECRET_KEY in bb-config.php

ME – yeahs I have !

3. You have matched WordPress "secret" database option with bbPress "secret" database setting

ME – yeahs I have!

4. You have setup compatible cookie domains and paths in config files (see instructions in bbPress admin)

ME – I take its these two things i have to add to wp-config.php file: – define(‘COOKIE_DOMAIN’, ”); define(‘COOKIEPATH’, ‘/’);

if so what do I change those parameters to, or do i leave them blank … im not that familiar with cookies .. :/ (my site is http://www.picbi.com and the forum is http://www.picbi.com/forum )

5. You are successfully sharing user tables from WordPress with bbPress

Me – Yeahs I am

chrishajer
    Participant

@chrishajer

swaymedia: the full path should not be a URL but a filesystem path, something like:

/home/picbico/public_html/wp-blog-header.php

I tried on my forum and a relative path works there, so I’m not sure that’s the issue.

Be sure that’s the second line of bb-config.php – the first line should be <?php:

<?php
    require_once('/home/picbico/public_html/wp-blog-header.php');

PHP doesn’t think the file is where you say it is. Can you take a screenshot of the directory listing in an FTP program or command line, and post that? Something does not make sense.

Inactive

i tried what you just and no I obviously put the <?php first lol

here is a screenshot of my situation.

http://picbi.com/upload/images/n3kenkd274fvqqx6jx.jpg

wordpress still works when i use that “functions” line, but logining to bbpress does not.

thanks

as i said, when i use the line, the domain http://www.picbi.com/forum results in a white empty page

Inactive

please help, ill write a tutorial to this if i get it working

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar