Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot edit replies in the back end

• amnion
    Participant

@amnion

I cannot access forum replies at all in the back end. In the admin panel I can see forums, topic, replies. The first two work great, and I can add a new reply from the back end, but the “all replies” part takes me to a 404 page. The url looks like this: …/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=reply

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Themes

As a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Plugins

If that doesn’t work, also deactivate all plugins apart from bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Then come back

amnion
    Participant

@amnion

Activated 2019 theme. Problem persists.

Deactivated all plugins except bbpress. Problem persists.

Robin W

@robin-w

the link all looks good

couple of other suggestions

1. This could be an issue with your rewrite rules. To fix this try resetting your permalinks. In your WordPress Administration Screens navigate to Settings->Permalinks, select a different permalink structure and save. Then select your preferred permalink structure and save again.

2. A reinstall of bbpress. You won’t lose any data if you decactivate and then delete the plugin.

amnion
    Participant

@amnion

Done the resetting permalinks, then deleted and reinstalled bbpress. Problem persists.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, sorry nothing else I can suggest

amnion
    Participant

@amnion

It seems to be an issue finding all the replies. In the database all those posts have the type “reply” as post_type. I don’t get it. The link matches the format for forums and topics, which are able to find all the posts just fine.

…/wp-admin/edit.php?post_type=reply

In addition to this, all the reply post authors are being input as 0, which makes them anonymous. I have that unchecked in the settings.

Is there a way to permanently delete bbpress and all its contents so I can reinstall fresh? EDIT: I found the answer to this question. https://codex.bbpress.org/getting-started/installing-bbpress/deleting-bbpress/

amnion
    Participant

@amnion

Never mind. I can’t even delete it to start over. The bbpress reset in tools does nothing at all.

amnion
    Participant

@amnion

I have not been able to delete bbpress. The reset tool does not work.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, I think your site has issues.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar