Categories
Search
Bottom

cannot edit, delete or close a topic

• wiebke.wetzel
    Participant

@wiebkewetzel

Hello,

I am using BBpress to create course forums as part of a learning management system build with the WPLMS theme. I could set up a forum easily and post in it, but now I am facing an issue: users cannot edit, delete or close a topic. Find a screenshot here. None of the links in the highlighted area does work.

I have enabled “Allow users to edit their content for … minutes” and set it to 10000″ (roughly 7 days). I have full admin rights and still cannot edit my own post.

Thanks for your support!
    Wiebke

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

would need a link to a live example tohelp further

wiebke.wetzel
    Participant

@wiebkewetzel

Hello Robin,

I created an open and public testforum for you:

Testforum

Can I somehow send you login credentials for a test user in a private message? I have opened the forum for guests without accounts, but apparently they cannot edit their posts anyway.

Thanks for your support!
    Wiebke

Robin W

@robin-w

contact me via

Contact me

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, you say you have admin rights, but what forum role do you have ?

Participants are not by default allowed to delete or close.

Your theme (or another plugin) is only letting you see any admin links when you focus on the content. This is I am pretty sure preventing you clicking the link to edit.

Robin W

@robin-w

yes your theme has a style sheet

wplms/assets/css/bbpress.min.css

which contains

#bbpress-forums ul.bbp-forums li.bbp-body .reply .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-forums li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-replies li.bbp-body .reply .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-replies li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topics li.bbp-body .reply .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topics li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links {
     position:absolute;
     bottom:15px;
     right:0
    }

which moves the links, and makes them unclickable

Robin W

@robin-w

if you change
    bottom:15px;

to

bottom:1px ;

it works

Robin W

@robin-w

so put this in the custom css are of your theme

#bbpress-forums ul.bbp-forums li.bbp-body .reply .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-forums li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-replies li.bbp-body .reply .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-replies li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topics li.bbp-body .reply .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links,
    #bbpress-forums ul.bbp-topics li.bbp-body div.hentry .bbp-reply-header .bbp-admin-links {
    bottom:1px !important;
    }

Robin W

@robin-w

then use this to allow participants to close or delete topics and delete replies

bbp style pack

once activated go to

dashboard>settings>bbp style pack>Topic/Reply Display

and look at items

17, 18 & 19

wiebke.wetzel
    Participant

@wiebkewetzel

Hello Robin,

you rock! Thanks a lot for this great help. The issue is solved.

I will post your solution in the forum of the theme, so that the developers and other users can find it as well.

Have a great weekend,

Wiebke

Robin W

@robin-w

great – glad you are fixed

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Tell me please. Is there a regular bbpress setting to allow the user to delete their topics and posts? How it possible for user to edit their posts in the standard installation.

Reason: Not downloading another big plugin for such a simple feature,
    even though this plugin is majestic and wonderful ))

wpturk
    Participant

@wpturk

Forum Settings -> Editing -> Allow users to edit their content for ___ minutes after posting.
    (if checked, setting to “0 minutes” allows editing forever.)

Other than this, I am not aware of any possibility that users can delete their posts or topics.

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

About what speech.
    Is it possible to insert something in the function.php and opens this feature? Del for user.

Robin W

@robin-w

@neon67 – I wrote style pack because I had hundreds of code changes that did little bits and no way to control. So either it’s style pack, or you’ll need to start working out how the functions file in style pack does it – it’s around line 2356.

neon67
    Participant

@neon67

Robin W, we really appreciate your work. Thanks a lot for the plugin.
    We will use it.

Robin W

@robin-w

it has little overhead on load time for your site

Viewing 16 replies - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar