Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot create topic (No data received)

• pydun
    Participant

@pydun

Hi everyone,

I installed bbpress on my company’s website, and when i tried to create new topic like what i am doing here, the brower will return “no data received” error, and if i click more information, i found the error code “ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE”.

I’ve tried to deactivate most of the plugin except bbpress, and the problem remains.

And if I type something short, like “test”, it can be created.

Does this has to do with the usage of server space? Because I used about 80% of it.

Thank you in advance for your help. Please let me know if you need more information

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

pydun
    Participant

@pydun

Most of the answers in google suggest that it has something to do with the browser, however, when i switch to firefox, it said “the connection is reset”, so i don’t think it is the browser’s problem.

After some test, I think it has do to with the content, because when i use other longer content, i am able to publish it, but when i use the original content, the problem occurs.

So here is the content i am going to publish:

Hi everyone,

We are so excited to announce the beta version of our new website is published!
    Currently the website can direct viewers to our Amazon stores, and will tell visitors about our website.
    Sure the website at this moment has many flaws, but we will do our best to improve it, making sure our visitors have a pleasant experience when browsing our website. And we also need your feedbacks to improve our website.
    Looking forwards to hear from you soon!

Regards,
    *****(company name, will not affect the results even after deleted)

pydun
    Participant

@pydun

Problem solved, turns out it is the word “announce” that triggers the issue. Hope bbpress can find the real cause of this issue.

Robin W

@robin-w

Problem solved, turns out it is the word “announce” that triggers the issue.

ok, can you tell us exactly where this is – as a series of steps ie I go into dashboard and click x and type y

pydun
    Participant

@pydun

I’ve tried different ways to create a topic. I’ve tried to create it in then front end as well as in the backend, but the result was the same. The problem only solved when I delete the word “announce”. When I create a topic in the front end, I will type directly in the text area below the forum. And when I am in the backend, I usually don’t go to new topic directly, sometimes I’m in dashboard, sometimes I’m in setting, or pages etc. But whenever I click create a new topic under topic menu on the right sidebar , type the above mentioned content, and submit, the “No data received” screen will show up.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar