Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot Create New Forum

• hislordshipuk
    Participant

@hislordshipuk

I’m currently experiencing an issue where I cannot create a new forum. I have uninstalled every plug-in in turn and reinstalled to check conflicts. I created a new forum 3 days ago without issue.
    Any thoughts?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

can you define ‘cannot create a new forum’

what precise steps do you take, and what exactly happens

hislordshipuk
    Participant

@hislordshipuk

From any access point to ‘Add New’ Forum I am presented with usual create screen but all edit buttons are missing, including a save button. In addition I cannot type in the main window but the title can be added, although not saved.

Robin W

@robin-w

I know you have done plugins in turn, but all at once ? – usual advice is

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

hislordshipuk
    Participant

@hislordshipuk

I have gone through the plug-in checks and still found all buttons are disabled. As for changing themes, I don’t wish to do this as when I revert back to my current theme the formatting will be completely messed up which will take hours of work to put right.

One thought – I did add a piece of code to the theme to have the forum response placed in a sensible order. Could this be the culprit? It was added the Themes funcion.php.

function my_custom_display_topic_index_query () {
    $args[‘orderby’] = ‘date’;
    $args[‘order’] = ‘DESC’;

return $args;
    }
    add_filter(‘bbp_before_has_topics_parse_args’, ‘my_custom_display_topic_index_query’ );

hislordshipuk
    Participant

@hislordshipuk

Ok I removed the added code as detailed above. It made no difference. All buttons and free text are no operable in the ‘Add new’ of Forums.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, the best I can suggest is that you create a test site where you can try a different theme to eliminate

Creating a Test Site

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar