Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Cannot access admin after intergration

• bonnie808

@bonnie808

I’ve seen a few topics addressing this issue but none of them could fix it or the post was 4 years old!

I installed wordpress 3.1 in my main directory

I installed BBPress 1.0.3 in a folder in my main directory

– Both use the same database

BBPress worked perfect and I could access the admin dashboard.

I used the bbpress dashboard to integrate WP.

– mapped user roles (Key master – Administrator etc…) then saved.

– filled out the other fields correctly and saved.

Right after i saved it i was booted out of the admin and could not log-in again.

I tried using the bbpress and WP login/password, both did not work.

I compared the keys in both configs and they were correct

I compared the salts from my db to my wp-config and they were correct

I cleared my browser cache and that didn’t work

Since it seems like an internal scripting bug, How do i fix this manually???

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Mahalo in advance!

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • I am having exactly the same problem.

I can go one step farther: when I ask bbpress to send me my Key Master account’s password, it tells me that the user doesn’t exist!

I am having exactly the same problem.

I can go one step farther: when I ask bbpress to send me my Key Master account’s password, it tells me that the user doesn’t exist!

iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

I’m having a similar issue. When I log in via WordPress first, then I go to bbPress, it tells me that I’m logged in, and the Admin link is visible. But when I click the admin link, it just returns to the same page, and doesn’t go to the dashboard.

To get around it, I log out of BOTH WordPress and bbpress, then go back into bbpress and log in as Admin. When done in this order, I’m able to click the “Admin” link and access the dashboard.

iftomkins
    Participant

@iftomkins

I’m having a similar issue. When I log in via WordPress first, then I go to bbPress, it tells me that I’m logged in, and the Admin link is visible. But when I click the admin link, it just returns to the same page, and doesn’t go to the dashboard.

To get around it, I log out of BOTH WordPress and bbpress, then go back into bbpress and log in as Admin. When done in this order, I’m able to click the “Admin” link and access the dashboard.

bonnie808

@bonnie808

Thx guys, i know how you feel. Hopefully a Dev can reply with a final answer to this seemingly easy fix :)

bonnie808

@bonnie808

Thx guys, i know how you feel. Hopefully a Dev can reply with a final answer to this seemingly easy fix :)

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar