Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

canned/standard replies plugin?

• arathra
    Participant

@arathra

I use bbpress as a support forum. I see there’s a ‘canned replies’ plugin around but it hasn’t been updated in several years and appears defunct.

Is there anything newer about? Or has anyone come up with an alternative solution to facilitate inserting standard replies to common questions on the forum?

Thanks!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

I hadn’t seen that plugin before – looks useful.

Pippin is a very experienced plugin writer (better than me!), and I just loaded and tested that plugin and it works error free and fine.

A quick look at the code shows no obvious issues with current versions of wordpress or bbpress.

It is always a problem for plugin writers to maintain their plugins – I have over 6, and whenever wordpress updates, I have 6 to test and update.

I don’t really want to take on anymore, else I’d offer to take that one over.

I’d suggest you use it – worst case at some future stage you may have to stop using it, but as I know of no other plugin that does this, you’ll be no worse off than you are now.

If it does stop working come back, and I’ll look to see how easy it is to fix, but offhand I see no reason why it will become out of date unless wordpress does some very major changes.

arathra
    Participant

@arathra

Thank you for a very helpful reply, Robin.

I have installed the plugin and it works very well; just what I need in fact. (One of my forums is a helpdesk.)

I shall certainly keep an eye on it and if I may I will post any problems here if they arise, but for now it’s going well.

Cheers.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar