Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can not open Forum

• debodeq
    Participant

@debodeq

Hi all. I seem to be unable to open my Forum. All plugins are installed and work, except for the Forum. I just get a blank page and it just won’t open.

I’ve disabled plugins and re-installed in different order, doesn’t seem to be the problem. Also tried in different browsers, which doesn’t do any difference. Just can not seem to open the forum.

Help please ?!

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

is this a new forum, or an existing one that has gone wrong?

debodeq
    Participant

@debodeq

New. Installed the wordpress theme, installed the plugins but it just never worked.

Robin W

@robin-w

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

debodeq
    Participant

@debodeq

Deactivated all the plugins, doesn’t fix it. Changed the theme, doesn’t fix it. Still gives the empty error screen.

Robin W

@robin-w

so you get the ‘forums’, ‘topics’ and ‘replies’ in dashboard and when you click forums this is what you get?

debodeq
    Participant

@debodeq

Yes. All the others work fine, just the Forum doesn’t work.

Robin W

@robin-w

hmmm… not sure what to suggest – looks like there has been some sort of corruption.

Given that you have nothing set up yet, I’d try

dashboard>tools>forums>reset forums

This should delete all the forum data, and hopefully let you start again.

debodeq
    Participant

@debodeq

Done that. Sadly, still no forum.
    Log says “internal server error”, or “failed to load resource”. Is that useful info?

Robin W

@robin-w

are you running locally or on a webserver?

donnaWPadmin
    Participant

@donnawpadmin

What PHP version are you using? I switched to 7.1, and mine won’t load at all…not even brand new install…I upgraded from 5.6 which was working just fine, now nothing but issues. Trying to find something else.

mouslat
    Participant

@mouslat

Am having the same issue here… All other forum components are working expect All forum in wp dashboard

Robin W

@robin-w

@mouslat – can you confirm that all is ok apart from you not seeing ‘forum’ in dashboard. You can see ‘topics’ and ‘replies’ in dashboard – yes ?

mouslat
    Participant

@mouslat

Yes am sure.

Robin W

@robin-w

ok, if you go into

dashboard>users>all users

and under the heading ‘Users’ you’ll see things like

All (19) | Administrator (20) etc.

Look for ‘keymaster’ and click this and check that the profile you are using is listed here. Only keymasters get to see forums.

mouslat
    Participant

@mouslat

@robin-w thanks for your support but all the administrator are already made keymaster but it didn’t solve the problem. I can create new forums but when I clicked on All forums in dashboard.. This is the error am Getting.

This page isn’t working

wesharethis.com is currently unable to handle this request.
    HTTP ERROR 500

Robin W

@robin-w

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

mouslat
    Participant

@mouslat

I tried what you said..still problem didn’t solved..

Robin W

@robin-w

sorry – don’t know what to suggest next.

Maybe contact you host provider

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar