Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can not install – "page was not found"

• tmcandle234567

@tmcandle234567

I am having a similar issue as others. I have uploaded a renamed bbPress directory that I renamed forums. It is sitting in the root along with wp-admin, etc. Inside that directory are all the files and directories for bbPress including bb-Admin, etc. But when I attempt to go to that directory I get a 404 error inside my WordPress mu, as if it is trying to load a blog. The error is where the blog would normally be. I do have a wildcard set for sub-domains and wondered what that might do. Do I have to take WordPress offline to do the install? It certainly seems that WordPress is trying to handle the request since if I specify ./forums/index.php the index.php disappears before the 404 error. btw I am on WordPress MU 2.8.2.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• tmcandle234567

@tmcandle234567

I tried moving the files to a new bbPress directory under the Forums directory and that returned a 404 error also. I also tried moving a plain html file into the forums directory and that was not found also. Also I am Hosted on Godaddy. Then I realized I needed a / at the end! Sorry I guess I should have known that.

But one question Do I use the same database as WordPress if I want to integrate?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar