Categories
Search
Bottom

Can not disable the creation of a topic for subscribers in group forum

• pimous
    Participant

@pimous

Hello,

I bought the Woffice theme version 2.2 with the installation of bbPress and buddyPress when configuring the right. I noticed that i could not disable the right to create a topic in the groupe forum for subscribers section ( this does not work, even with the user role editor plugin installation). i come back to you to guide and advise me in order to find a solution.

Thank you.

Version 4.7 | Unyson 2.6.10 | Woffice 2.2.0 | bbPress 2.5.12 | BuddyPress 2.7.4

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

bbpress has its own permissions – you need to configure the bbpress role

if you go into

dashboard>users>all users and edit a user you will find their forum role near the bottom. If you don’t want them to create topics and replies, then set it to spectator

if you want the default to be spectator, then go to

dashboard>settings>forum>auto role and set this to what you want

pimous
    Participant

@pimous

Hello
    I just want to prohibit subscribers from creating topics but they can react and reply to topics created by the administrator

Robin W

@robin-w

ok you will need my plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/bbp-private-groups/

once installed and activated then go to

dashboard>settings>bbp private groups

and you’ll find a bunch of tabs

At a simple level, you would set up one group (say group 1) in ‘group name settings’ tab for users, and another group (say group 2) for admins and join all users to the users group 1 using the ‘user management’ tab, and all admins to group 2.

Then go to ‘Topic permissions’ tab and activate

Then go to each forum in turn, join it to both groups, and then set the appropriate permissions. Group 1 would just have reply permission and groups 2 full permissions.

pimous
    Participant

@pimous

Thank you very much
    Super application

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks, hopefully you are now fixed !

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar