Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can I run x2 bbPress forums on my blog-both styled differently?

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Yes, it is possible.

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

It’s possible, but I don’t see why you’d want to run bbPress 2.x and bbPress 1.x side-by-side if you didn’t have to (like BuddyPress users currently need to do.)

It’s much easier to do this with bbPress 2.x, and WordPress multisite. Just create a new site, and activate bbPress on it, too. Boom; two forums.

Hi JJJ

Thanks for your reply.

I asked this question mainly as I am not sure which bbPress forum style I like best-bbPress 2010 style or bbPress Kakumei style and wondered if I could somehow use both styles on the same blog.

I’m sure it is possible to do this but it is not really practical or a good idea!-I should decide which bbPress style I want/prefer and stick with one! Much simpler/easier!

I suppose if I had the time I could theme up my own bbPress theme as a cross between 2010 & Kakumei but this could take me too much time so I will not try that now!

My blog actually runs with WordPress multisite so I could always do a new site but this was not really what I meant (but thanks for mentioning it).

Lastly I’m not really sure what you mean by running bbPress 2 & bbPress 1 side by side like BuddyPress users do? I originally set my blog up for BuddyPress but as I couldn’t seem to get group & sitewide forums to work together I have disabled BuddyPress forum and now am using bbPress forum only.

Best wishes

John James Jacoby
    Keymaster

@johnjamesjacoby

If the theme is all you’re worried about, don’t use bbPress 1.x. It’s outdated and no longer under active development, so you’re investing in a dead-end. bbPress 2.1 can be themed to look like anything you want it to later; you’re better off starting clean with the newer engine than trying to fix up the old one because you like the paint. :)

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar