Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can I keep 0.8.1 functions.php when upgrading to 0.8.2?

• Can I keep 0.8.1 functions.php whe upgrading to 0.8.2?

I had to modify this file to translate dates and for the signature plugin :(

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anyway, after wp integration I haven’t been able of translating bbpress because it reports a streams.php error whenever you try to set a BBLANG file

You cannot keep the old file. Dates should be translated now, see https://trac.bbpress.org/ticket/646

Thanks fore the answer, mdawaffe;

I don’t understand that trac. What does it happen now? dates are translated from .mo file?

Ganzua, I haven’t tested it, but the TRAC ticket (development and testing site) shows that this issue with translating dates from the .mo file should work now. Test it out would be the only way to find out for sure.

Trent

Hi Trent;

” the TRAC ticket (development and testing site) shows that this issue with translating dates from the .mo file should work now. Test it out would be the only way to find out for sure.”

-> Nop, impossible because after wp integration you get the streams.php error whenever you set a .mo file in the config.

Let me ask just one question; if you manually translate each file, file by file, all translation you need (excluding admin control panel) are located in the template?

I think there’s quite a bit of stuff in template-functions.php too, although not sure if it’s just HTML markup or needs translating.

Hey, fel 64!

Then this is a bad new because it is not smart at all changing core files.

However I have a half working “B plan” :)

You can get rid of that streams.php error by pointing the ‘BBLANG’ to the wordpress .mo file.

You have to change bbpress config.php like this;

define('BBLANGDIR', '/wp-includes/languages/es_ES.mo');

The problem is that when you copy the bbpress .mo to the wordpress .mo it doesn’t translate anything but the wp itself.

Translation files come in two files; a .mo file and a .po file that I think is the source code.

Perhaps you need to add anything to this .po file but I didn’t find out yet.

BTW, I’d like to suggest developers to put all translatable stuff in the template and no to follow the wp way.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar