Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Can Anyone Help With This Error?

• GedBrockie
    Participant

@gedbrockie

Hi all, installed Buddypress then BBpress. Everything good. As admin I can do whatever I want re posting etc. Problem is…no-one else can. Every time someone from the site tries to add a topic to a board they get this response…

“ERROR: Your topic cannot be created at this time.”

Now, I have scoured this forum and seen things like: “Have you looked at your spam filter”

It’s not the spam filter. So many people get this error message and problem, yet unbelievably there seems to be no-one who has a solution after all the years of BBpress being around.

Please, if I have missed a solution on these boards, please reply. My site is here http://www.guitarandmusicinstitute.com/forums/

Thanks in advance for any help.

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

yet unbelievably there seems to be no-one who has a solution after all the years of BBpress being around.

I suspect that this is because it is the symptom of many problems.

bbPress is tested with wordpress default themes. It maybe a conflict – you need to check plugins and themes

It could be a theme or plugin issue

Plugins

Deactivate all but bbpress and see if this fixes. if it does, re-enable one at a time to see which is causing the error.

Themes

If plugins don’t pinpoint the problem, as a test switch to a default theme such as twentyfifteen, and see if this fixes.

Then come back

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar