Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Button to add attachments missing

• machank
    Participant

@machank

In setting up new forums on a new instance of my WordPress Multisite, when I create a new topic, the input area does not include a button to add an attachment. The only areas on the page are topic title, topic content, topic type, topic status, and submit. What am I missing that I should be doing?
    Current versions of WordPress, bbPress, etc.

I had this problem once before but I can’t recall how it was fixed.

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• machank
    Participant

@machank

Update: It is probably the case that my problem is not with the attachment button per se. I see that I only have it (where I do) because I have a plugin called “GD bbPress Attachments.” But that requires bbPress forum roles and I had not set those up on my new Multisite instances. My problem now is that I can’t figure out how to assign those roles to users. I tried “Change Forum Role to” in editing user roles but it doesn’t take effect. Now where do I find the solution to that problem!!!

machank
    Participant

@machank

ok. solved. First, a bug: when editing the super-admin in a multisite site instance, there is no field for editing/assigning a forum role. That line is just missing on the Settings->Forums page. Second, I did find a reference to a bug from a year ago that said that one could assign/edit forum roles for individual users but not on the Edit All Users page. That still seems to be the case. And finally I did find the settings entry for assigning all visitors a default forum role. So using all 3 of those considerations, my problem is now solved. (A pain, though, for assigning the super-admin. You have to make the default role what you want his to be, then “visit the site”, then change the default role back to what you want it to be for others.)

Robin W

@robin-w

thanks for posting your solution – so many don’t !

This will help anyone else googling the issue later 🙂

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar