Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

Bug with Timestamp Link

• emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

We have a few forums using bbPress on our site and I think there may be a bug.

When you click on the time stamp under “Latest” for a particular forum, it is supposed to take you to that post, but sometimes it doesn’t. And sometimes when admin is logged out, the post doesn’t even show up when trying to go to it (even on the non-premium, unrestricted forums).

Also, we have 2 of the 4 forums restricted because they are premium. When on the forum list page, clicking on the forum title of a premium forum goes to a restricted page. BUT when clicking on the timestamp of the latest post for that premium forum, it lets you see the thread. This isn’t supposed to happen because the forum is restricted.

Please help! Thanks in advance!

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

Can someone please help? This seems to be an ongoing issue.

emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

Bumping this post.

MBV
    Participant

@mbv

Not sure if I can help but I have just a couple questions to help people to troubleshoot with you.

1. How are you restricting forums -are you using a restrict plugin?

…sometimes when admin is logged out, the post doesn’t even show up when trying to go to it (even on the non-premium, unrestricted forums).

2. If restrict plugin is deactivated, do things still behave unexpectedly?

emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

The only thing restricting content right now is Wooommerce / WooCommerce Memberships plugins.

I can’t deactivate because it will bring the site down essentially.

Robin W

@robin-w

what plugin are you using to get ‘premium’ forums?

emgb_520
    Participant

@emgb_520

WooCommerce / WC Memberships.

MBV
    Participant

@mbv

I am somewhat familiar with that WC Memberships. How do you restrict pages and has the plugin ever worked as you expected? I think you might want to ask their support about it as well.

Also, re links not working, have you tried using the repair tool? Go to Tools>Forums>Repair

Otherwise, can you provide an example page where non-members shouldn’t be able to access?

MBV
    Participant

@mbv

The links that aren’t working, are they consistently not working? Can you provide an example of that

Also, try going to Settings> Permalinks and allow that page to simply load. That helps refresh links and can help with broken links. Then test links that aren’t working again.

MBV
    Participant

@mbv

WooCommerce Memberships: bbPress Integration

Is this the plugin you are using?

Also, just checking, are you using Buddypress? Are these forums in a Buddypress group? That can sometimes cause integration issues.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar