Categories
Search
Bottom

buddypress private group is not visible in bbpress

• vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

hello, i hope you can help me.

i installed bbpress 2.5.4, i also installed buddy press 2.0.2, so i could have a private group forum.

this is what i want.

i want to have 2 forums. one for general public and another to vip public.
    in general public forum anyone should be able to participate.
    in vip public forum group only members can see and participate here.

so i installed buddy press to have this vip public group.
    and i choose some vip members but when going to the forums… this group is not visible, not even to the vip members.

what am i doing wrong? or is my bbpress not compatible with the buddy press?

please help. and thanks

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• Millerzoe
    Participant

@millerzoe

There are times where you maintain a relation where they eff to agreement lawyer. It’s assuredly an extremely troubling expertise as advisable denver personal injury lawyers as it’s sure not the superior poppycock that would occur to us. If yet, you be in a statesman fortuity, it’s of the limit standing that the being employs an attorney which leave interpret you spell you’d claim it essentially the most. Fortuitously sufficiency, the Denver co injury attorney isn’t ambitious to regain, as this city leave be filled along with an attorney – some of which hold the required
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nxXjZtODgs

vizcano
    Participant

@vizcano

i dont know what you are talking about Millerzoe….

thanks to an aswer of shanebp. in the buddy press help section i came out with the solution.

i am a rookie so i didn’t know the basics on how to use buddy press with bbpress…

so maybe a rookie can find this helpfully

this is what i did.

i went to bbpress.
    i created a forum called general public and another called vip section

then i went buddy press group section and i created a group called vip, here is the thing. the group doesn’t make a forum. you must make it firt. in this example i took the vip section forum.

this were my steps

1) in FORUM. i created:

*general public forum (the one everyone must be able to see and participate) has the standard settings
    *vip section forum (the one only for the people of the vip group) has this settings: tipe: forum; State: Open; visibility: Private

2) in GROUPS. i created a new group called VIP

this were the settings, Is a Hidden Group. and invitations can only be given by admins and moderators

in this way:
    – when people is not logged in they can only see the general public forum.
    – when they logging they can participate in the general public forum, they can see the private vip section forum but they cannot participated in it (i wanted that they would see it neither but this is how it works) in other words, they can see the group forum (vip section) but they cannot see what´s inside.
    – when a member of the vip group logging they can see and participated in bouth forums.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar