Categories
Search
Bottom

Buddypress notifications

• cassihl
    Participant

@cassihl

Hello,

Can you help me understand how the notifications work with buddypress? I have some forums that were created through buddypress groups. When someone posts a new topic or a reply to a topic, should I receive a notification? (Not an email – I’m using buddyboss theme which has this notification icon: https://imgur.com/a/2lU75) Is there a setting to turn on to receive these notifications for forum activity? Or do I need some other plugin? Or does it sound like something is broken on my site? I don’t understand how this is supposed to work to know how to troubleshoot it.

Thank you!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Robin W

@robin-w

In basic bbpress, if you subscribe to a forum, then you should receive an email when a new topic is posted. If you subsequently subscribe to that topic, you should receive emails when a reply is posted.

As for the symbols, since you’re using the buddyboss theme, then I suspect that this is part of that, and as a paid product, you should check the documentation and/or raise a support ticket with them.

Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

First of all, a big thank you to all contributors for this extremely nice forumsoftware. I’ve been on several over the years, and BBPress is a great one – out of the box!

I also have a question about the bubble notification. I am not much of a coder, but I can understand some.

So what I want is that when someone replies to a post in a topic you either started or have ticked the box “subscribe to” – I would like this to show up as a notification in buddypress, and not only by e-mail.

I don’t think my theme handles this, although it’s ready for buddypress, so I think I have to make something out of it myself.

Any suggestions on where I might look for an answer, or maybe there is already a plugin for it that you know of?

Robin W

@robin-w

probably a buddypress question, have you posted in their forum as well ?

Gomle
    Participant

@gomle

No I don’t think I have. Can of course copy my post over there 🙂
    Thank you for the answer.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar