Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress group admin>forum check box not working?

• SydneyDesigner
    Participant

@sydneydesigner

WP3.4.2, Buddypress 1.6.1, bbPress2.2

I’ve set up the new bbPress 2.2 forums for BuddyPress groups as per http://codex.buddypress.org/buddypress-site-administration/migrating-from-old-forums-to-bbpress-2/ . But I may have encountered a bug. Has anyone else had the following problems?

The BuddyPress group admin>forum page check box (followed by save) seems to have no effect on turning the bbPress forum on or off for that group. If the forum was on, it stays on – even if the check box is off. If the forum was off it stays off, even if the check box is on.

Also, the bbPress “forum” tab shows on the group page subnav, even if there is no forum for that group.

By the way, the check box does toggle the “enable_forum” field in the wp_bp_groups database table. But neither BP nor bbPress seems to respond to the change.

Any help on understanding/fixing this would be much appreciated please.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SydneyDesigner
    Participant

@sydneydesigner

Has anyone managed to turn on the new bbPress forums in legacy BuddyPress groups? (….including legacy BuddyPress groups which didn’t have an old-style forum?)

Or is this a bug?

LabSecrets
    Participant

@labsecrets

Likewise, I have found it doesn’t work, or at least I cannot determine what if any effect it is having.

marvelidea
    Participant

@marvelidea

I am having a similar problem….

Using WP 3.5 BuddyPress 1.6.3 and bbPress 2.2.3

I have the “Yes. I want this group to have a forum.” CHECKED when creating the group

but I am NOT seeing the forum tab or the group shown in the forum

Any suggestions?

PS.. I followed the latest video tutorial on Labzip.com http://labzip.com/the-definitive-guide-to-buddypress-bbpress-configuration/

marvelidea
    Participant

@marvelidea

The fix to my problem is to go back in to the Groups admin tab and re-ck the checkbox under forum and save. Then it will work

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar