Skip to:
Content
Pages
Categories
Search
Bottom

BuddyPress default theme help

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Facing the same problem bro. By the way it seems you have group forum or sidewide forum enabled in your site. Why not try disabling those componets and create a page named forum and edit the permalink of the page to the link where you want to go when clicked. Then you can add the page to the menu {keep the page blank}.

Am nt sure bt still experimenting. If you find a solution then please share with me too!

Hey Anetz,

I have “Site Wide” forum enabled (bbpress) and I’ve disabled group forums. They can still make groups, but they don’t have group forums.

I’m new to WordPress and Website development, just know some basic HTML.

Thanks, I see how to change the permalink now that’s awesome. I can’t believe I missed it, spent ages looking it. It’s in the “All pages” tab and it’s under the title.

Whenever I make a “new forum” category it automatically creates it at /forums/forum/new-category.

I don’t understand why I need “/forums/forum”, I’d rather just have it at /forum if that’s possible.

I’ll continue to experiment too and I’ll post back if I make any progress.

Let me know if you find anything. :)

Ok, so I’ve worked out that the “forums/forum” thing isn’t actually a problem. The forum layout for bbpress is different than I thought it was, all good.

I just still have the problem with Buddypress theme buttons not linking to the bbpress forum. I shall ask on the buddypress forum.

Well, I did end up working this out, actually turned out to be much simpler than I thought it was.

Go to Appearance > Menus. Then create customs links and add it to a new navigation bar.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar